Warning: include_once(/nfs/c02/h02/mnt/24449/domains/bonannoconcepts.com/html/wp-content/themes/bconcepts/images/general-sprite/symbol/svg/sprite.symbol.svg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/c02/h02/mnt/24449/domains/bonannoconcepts.com/html/wp-content/themes/bconcepts/header.php on line 38
Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '/nfs/c02/h02/mnt/24449/domains/bonannoconcepts.com/html/wp-content/themes/bconcepts/images/general-sprite/symbol/svg/sprite.symbol.svg' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.6.21/share/pear') in /nfs/c02/h02/mnt/24449/domains/bonannoconcepts.com/html/wp-content/themes/bconcepts/header.php on line 38
Find What You're Looking For:
Pizza Panzanella Salad
April 1, 2018 | Frank Bonanno
(Luca and Marco here on opening night of the first Bonanno Brothers Pizzeria. They love pizza as much as I do. Heck, everybody lives pizza. . )
I wrote about this and forgot to include the recipe, but it was late and I was thinking about pizza.
Here are two recipes to make up for it
Perry Santanachote’s Leftover Pizza Croutons
6 slices leftover pizza
I found this on Thrillist ahile back, and it is exactly what I do with leftover pizza. Making Salad Great Agan
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Iron skillet, pizza wheel, small metal spatula, paper towels
1. Stack two cooked pizza slices on top of each other with toppings facing each other.
2. Cut slices along the straight edges of the slices, into 1-inch-wide strips.
3. Then cut crosswise so you now have 1-inch squares.
4. Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pizza squares,
and cook until cheese begins to melt, about 3 minutes.
5. Flip and cook just until the crust is crispy,
about 2 minutes more. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
Pizaa Cruton Panzanella Salad
Pizza Crutons (see reverse side)
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
⅓ cup red wine vinegar
1 ball of fresh mozzarella
2 ripe tomatoes sliced into 8 wedges
2 Tbsp capers
16 fresh basil leaves
½ cups Kalamata olives
Whisk; small mixing bowl; large mixing bowl; 4 dinner plates.
1. Whisk olive oil, vinegar and mustard together.
2. Toss the cubed pizza croutons and cheese into a large bowl
with tomatoes, capers, and basil.
3. Drizzle the mustard vinaigrette over the salad and toss with
your fingers until the bread and cheese is lightly coated.
Salt and pepper to taste.